Level 2 Full Kit
This set of Level 2 Materials contains:
- All About Spelling Level 2 Teacher’s Manual
- All About Spelling Level 2 Student Packet
Level 2 in the All About Spelling series continues to bring together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual(seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- The open and closed syllable types
- How to divide words into syllables
- How to spell multisyllable words
- How Silent E can make a vowel long
- The vowel-consonant-e syllable type
- Two spellings for the sound of /z/
- The difference between hard and soft c and g
- That English words don’t end in i, j, u, or v
- The most common way to spell the sound of /er/
- When to use oi/oy, aw/au, and ow/ou
The multisensory learning tools and activities included in the program help your student master important spelling concepts.
- Concept-oriented spelling lists that are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules accelerate learning by organizing ideas in the student’s mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- The Label Syllables activity helps the student understand why and how we divide words, provides practice with identifying different syllable types and applying division rules, and enables the student to spell multisyllable words more accurately.
- The Word Banks help build visual memory of words with a particular sound so the student can successfully choose the correct spelling when he is faced with multiple spellings of a sound.
- The Spelling Review Box helps you organize the flashcards so you can quickly see which words, phonograms, and spelling rules your student still needs to learn and review. (Flashcards and dividers are included; you supply the 3×5″ index card box, or you can purchase our custom Spelling Review Box.)
- The Jail provides your student with an engaging, memorable way to learn Rule Breakers the first time around, eliminating the need to remediate later.
- The Concept Review section reviews previously learned spelling rules to keep them fresh in your student’s mind.
- Key Cards clearly present key ideas, concepts, and spelling rules that help your student thoroughly understand why a word is spelled the way it is and how to apply that knowledge to many other words.
- The More Words and Dictate Sentences sections reinforce current and previously learned concepts, increase the student’s repertoire of words, and allow the student to apply his knowledge in practical situations.
- Tips for the teacher anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.
Features are arranged in three easy-to-follow sections:
- Review: The Review section provides continual review of phonograms, spelling words, and important concepts so your student can advance confidently from one lesson to the next without the frustration of having to re-learn previous material. All About Spelling doesn’t “teach it and forget it.”
- New Teaching: The step-by-step lesson plans lay out new material clearly and concisely and save you valuable time. You don’t need a degree in education or hours of planning every night to teach All About Spelling—all the work has been done for you.
- Reinforcement: The important Reinforcement section gives your student the opportunity to apply what he has learned and to use that knowledge in practical situations.