Level 4 Full Kit
This set of Level 4 Materials contains:
- All About Spelling Level 4 Teacher’s Manual
- All About Spelling Level 4 Student Packet
Level 4 in the All About Spelling series contains all of the features and learning tools you’ve come to expect to help your student master important spelling concepts.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- When to use ch or tch for the sound of /ch/
- When to use the three ways to spell the sound of /j/
- Additional ways to spell the sound of /er/
- Spelling strategies that will help him tackle longer words with ease
You’ll appreciate the organization, thought and research that went into this program as you work with your student on:
- Word Sort activities that help your student practice the multiple ways of spelling one sound
- The Spelling Review Box that helps you organize the flashcards so you can quickly see which words, phonograms, and spelling rules your student still needs to learn and review. (Flashcards are included; you supply the 3×5” index card box, or you can purchase our custom Spelling Review Box.)
- Concept-oriented spelling lists that are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules. This accelerates learning by organizing ideas in the student’s mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- Word Banks that help your student build visual memory of words
- The Writing Station activity that gives your student a creative outlet for applying new knowledge. This activity provides the practice and structure he needs to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
- Tips for the teacher that anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- The Homophone Pairs activity that provides more practice for the student to recognize and choose the correct homophone in his own writing.
- Prefix Tiles that are a different size and color than the letter tiles so your student can learn the rules for adding prefixes without confusion and easily recognize and choose the correct prefix when building new words.
- The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.